The Candia Sports Medicine Program was held on Wednesday 13 August 2014 at Telfair Community Centre, Moka in the presence of:
• Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council
• Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist and Chairman of the Medical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council
• Mrs. Sharmila Busgeeth, Community Development Officer
• Mrs. Sabeeta Pydygadou, Community Support Officer
• Mrs. Sadna Gujadhar, Motivator
The objectives of the talks are to make the youths aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Talks were held as follows:
• Good nutrition presented by Mrs. L. Mootoosamy, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life
• The importance and benefit of physical activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist
A booklet on Sports Medicine was offered to Mrs. Daisy Marcel.
A First Aid kit and an ice box were offered to Mrs. Sabeeta Pydygadou, Community Support Officer.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine and the winners are Premadeep Seenarain, Enora Collet, Devejee Moothun and Marylyn Rose. They were each offered a T- shirt as gift sponsored by the Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd.
At the end of the talks, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.