The Candia Sports Medicine Program was held on Wednesday 10 September 2014 at Morcellement St. André Community Centre, in the presence of:
• Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council
• Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist and Chairman of the Medical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council
• Mr. Hoolash, Principal Community Development Officer
• Mr. Faizal Moosuddee, Senior Community Development Officer
• Mrs. P. Rughoonundan, Community Development Officer
• Mrs. S. Bhurtun, Motivator and 97 participants
The objectives of the talks are to make the youths aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Talks were held as follows:
• Good nutrition presented by Mrs. Sadhna Purgus, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life
• The importance and benefit of physical activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist
A First Aid kit and an ice box were offered to Community Centre.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine and the winners are Mrs. Appadoo, Mrs. Ramasawmy, Mr. Sohomow, Mrs. Seeboruth and Mrs. Beejadhur. They were each offered a T- shirt as gift sponsored by the Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd.
At the end of the talks, Candia Milk and booklets on sports medicine were offered to all participants.