The Candia Sports Medicine Program was held on Wednesday 16 July 2014 at Bon et Perpetuel Secours College, Beau Bassin in the presence of:
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council
- Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist and Chairman of the Medical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council
- Ms. Aurore Lam, Representative of Panagora Marketing Company Limited
- Dr. Michael Ah Tow CSK, Rector
- Mr. G. Veillesse, Physical Education Teacher, teachers and students
The objectives of the talks are to make the youths aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Talks were held as follows:
- Good nutrition presented by Mrs. A. Doomun, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life
- The importance and benefit of physical activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist
A First Aid kit, an ice Box, booklets on Sports Medicine and sports equipments were offered to Dr. Michael Ah Tow CSK and Mr. G. Veillesse, rector and Physical Education Teacher respectively.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine and the winners are Franceska Bell, Stacy Desveaux, Elodie Bosquet and Serah Grace Jeewon.They were each offered a T- shirt as gift by the Mauritius Sports Council.