The Candia Sports Medicine Program was held on Wednesday 06 August 2014 at Bois Pignolet Community Centre, Terre Rouge in the presence of:
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council
- Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist and Chairman of the Medical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council
- Mr. Hoolash, Principal Community Development Officer
- Mr. W. Moosuddee, Senior Community Development Officer
- Mrs Preety Rughoonundun, Community Development Officer
The objectives of the talks are to make the youths aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Talks were held as follows:
- Good nutrition presented by Mrs. L. Mootoosamy, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life
- The importance and benefit of physical activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist
A First Aid kit and an ice Box were offered to Mrs. C. Gopaul, Motivator.
Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to Mr. Heeralall Chattory, President of Senior Citizen Association and Mrs. Dhunput Leela,President of Anandi Women’s Association.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine and the winners are Mr. Heeralall Chattory, Mrs. Dhunput Leela, Mrs. Reedoye Sounanda and Mrs. Vishwanee Soocheta. They were each offered a T- shirt as gift by the Mauritius Sports Council.