The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports & Recreation and under the Sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organized the Talk on Yoplait/ Candia Sports Medicine at Gopeenath Cheetamun Government School on Thursday 05th March 2020 in the presence of:
• Mr. Conrad Thomas – Nutritionist
• Mrs. Asha Pultoo Halkharee – Headmaster of Gopeenath Cheetamun Government School
• Miss Arishi Ponnusami – Holistic teacher of Gopeenath Cheetamun Government School
• Mrs. Anoushka Moorgah - Holistic teacher of Gopeenath Cheetamun Government School
• Supporting staff of Mauritius Sports Council
Sports Equipment and the Yoplait/ Candia Polo Shirt were offered to the School by the Mauritius Sports Council.
The main objective of the talk is to make the students aware of the benefits of Sports, how physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a good and a healthy life.
The talks comprise of.
• The Importance of Physical Activities and Good Nutrition by Mr. Conrad Thomas.
• 39 participants attended the talk comprises of 22 Boys and 17 Girls.
During the talk, quiz competition related to the talks were discussed among students where four students of Grade 5 namely, Velan pakirvi, Mayur Oochit, Vijaya Moorgen and Kavish Ramdhonee won the quiz and were awarded a T- Shirt under the sponsorship of Panagora Co. Ltd.
The talk ended at 10 45 hours where Yoplait/ Candia Pamphlets, Candia milk and Keyrings were distributed to all students.