The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports & Recreation and under the Sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organized the Talk on Yoplait/ Candia Sports Medicine at R. C. Nuckchady Government School, Rose Hill on Thursday 29th October 2020 in the presence of:
• Mr. D. Mahamoodally– Headmaster of R. C. Nuckchady Government School
• Mrs. A. Ananthan – Deputy Headmaster of R. C. Nuckchady Government School
• Mr. B. Mixtile – School Teacher of R. C. Nuckchady Government School
• Mrs. R. Madre – School Teacher of R. C. Nuckchady Government School
• Mrs. M. Ramsamy – ICT Teacher of R. C. Nuckchady Government School
• Mrs. G. Dominique – Holistic Teacher of R. C. Nuckchady Government School
• Mr. Conrad Thomas – Nutritionist from Active Mauritius
• Supporting staff of Mauritius Sports Council
Sports Equipment (Soft Balls, Skipping Ropes, Tennis balls, Hoola Hoops and Footballs), Ice Box and First Aid Kit were offered to the School by the Mauritius Sports Council, same sponsored by Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd.
The main objective of the talk is to make the students aware of the benefits of Sports, how physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a good and a healthy life.
The talks comprise of.
• The Importance of Physical Activities and Good Nutrition by Mr. Conrad Thomas.
• 31 participants comprising of 19 Boys and 12 Girls and 9 Teachers attended the talk.
During the talk, quiz competition related to the talk was conducted among students where two students of Grade 6 namely, Daren and Kelsha won the quiz and were awarded a T- Shirt.
The talk ended at 10 30 hours where Pamphlets on Sports Medicine, Candia milk and Keyrings were distributed to all students.