The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports & Recreation and under the sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organized the Launching of Talk on Yoplait/Candia Sports Medicine at the Loreto College of Mahebourg on Thursday 6 February 2020 in the presence of:
- Hon. Jean Christophe Stephan Toussaint; Minister of Youth Empowerment, Sports & recreation
- Mr. Soudesh Kumar Apadoo; Managing Secretary of the Mauritius Sports Council
- Mrs. Martine Cotte; Rector of Loreto College of Mahebourg
- Sister Christine Jaffarally; Manager of Loreto College of Mahebourg
- Dr. Bernard Baptiste; Sport Doctor, Program Officer at Active Mauritius (Representing the Chairperson)
- Miss Divya Poorun; Nutritionist
- Miss Magalie Karuppanen; Brand Manager of Panagora Marketing Co.Ltd
- Miss Aurore Lam: Representing Panagora Marketing Co.Ltd
- Miss Cynthia Meunier: Representing Maurilait
First part of the Launching:
- Welcoming note by the MC (Mrs. Nathalie Ramen) followed by the National Anthem.
- One minute of applause was done by the audience in tribute for late Dr. Chang Kye.
- Welcoming address by Mrs. Martine Cotte
- Address by Miss Magalie Karuppanen
- Address by Dr. Bernard Baptiste (Representing the MSC)
- Address by Hon. Jean Christophe Stephane Toussaint
- As gift, a first Aid Kit, an Ice Box and Sports Equipment
- The pupils interpreted a mimed song “Touch your Fingers”
- Candia Milk was offered to students
- Refreshment for guests and staff
Second part of the Launching:
The objectives of the talks are to make the participants aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
The Resource persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
Good Nutrition was presented by Mrs. Divya Poorunand The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Dr. Bernard Baptiste.
150 participants attended the talk.
Yoplait/Candia Pamphlets were distributed to all students.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Four participants namely Kafrina Favory-Prosper, Jade Legentil, Harshitaa Dookhee and Melicia Adrien answered correctly the questions and were offered a T-Shirt as price.
View Pictures in Media Library