The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at ‘Lycee de Beau Bassin’ on Wednesday 24 August 2016 in the presence of:
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council;
- Mrs. Earally Shirin, Manager;
- Mrs Jeenah Swahara, Rector
The objectives of the talks are to make the students aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
A First Aid kit and sports equipment were offered for use at the Secondary School and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to all students.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented by Mrs. Lila Mootoosamy, Principal Nutritionist, Ministry of Health & Quality of Life;
- The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
115 students attended the talks.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Four participants namely Kesinee Marden, Christabelle Prosper, Melissa Robertson and Julie Fontaine answered correctly the questions and were offered a T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.