The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Gros Cailloux Community Centre on Wednesday 21 September 2016 in the presence of:
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council;
- Mr. G. Bissessur, Principal Community Development Officer;
- Mrs. Jessy Chanwan, Community Development Officer;
- Mrs. Sharmila Bheenick, Community Support Assistant.
The objectives of the talks are to make the Senior Citizens aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
A First Aid kit and Ice Box were offered for use at the Community Centre and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to all present.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented by Mrs. L. Mootoosamy, Nutritionist;
- The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
104 Senior Citizens attended the talks.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Six participants namely Roena Rungloll, Dolores Chieffer, Karishma Mohabeer and Diya Gaungoo answered correctly the questions and were offered a T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.