The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at SSR Recreation Centre at Belle Mare on Wednesday 19 October 2016 in the presence of:
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council;
- Mr. O. Ghoorahoo, Manager;
- Mrs. Bhavna Ramdass, Organising Officer;
- Ms. Neelam Gobhurdun, Organising Officer.
The objectives of the talks are to make the Senior Citizens aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
An Ice Box was offered for use at the Recreation Centre and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to all participants.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented by Mrs. Brinda Patpur Dowlut, Nutritionist;
- The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
98 participants attended the talks.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Six participants namely Hakim Peeroo, Hassam Koreiss Bibi, D. Khalick Mahmad, Amina Surfaly, Moobarekoon Ammekhan and Bibi Abeda answered correctly the questions and were offered a
T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.