The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd and the Ministry of Youth & Sports proceeded with the Launching of Candia Sports Medicine Programme for the Year 2016 at Shrimati Indira Gandhi State Secondary School, Quartier Militaire on Tuesday 01 March 2016 in the presence of:
- Hon. Yogida Sawmynaden, Minister of Youth & Sports;
- Hon. Leela Devi Dookhun Luchoomun, Minister of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research;
- Ms. Magalie Karrupanen, Brand Manager of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd;
- Ms. Aurore Lam, Marketing Assistant of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd;
- The Chairperson of the Mauritius Sports Council, Mrs. Sarah Rawat Currimjee, Board Members, the Managing Secretary and staff;
- The Rector, Mr. Neerunjun Beegun, staff and students and
- Members of the press
The objectives of the talks are to make the youth aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
At the end of the Protocol Ceremony, two interludes namely a slam and juggling were presented by the students.
A First Aid Kit, Booklets on Sports Medicine and sports equipment were offered to the Rector.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
• Good nutrition, presented by Mrs. L. Mootoosamy, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life;
• The importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council
100 students attended the talks and were very enthusiastic to hear the resource persons.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme.
Nine students, namely Aftab Goolamhossen, Sudiraj Matonah, Ashfagh Ghannoo, Joy Veerasamy, Vaishnav Ramprasand, Rayhaan Hossen, Ravish Unoruth, Leid Mandary and Ashish Algoo answered correctly the questions and were awarded T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talks, Candia Milk was offered to all students.
The Mauritius Sports Council expressed its warm thanks and gratitude to Mr. Neerunjun Beegun who gave his full support for implementation of the project.