As part of its role to promote best practice management in Finance for National Sports Federations, the Mauritius Sports Council organised a half day workshop for Treasurers / Assistant Treasurers and Administrative Secretaries on Saturday 17 September 2011 at Phoenix Gymnasium.
The opening ceremony was performed in the presence of :
- Mr. Kris L. Appadoo, Chairman of the Mauritius Sports Council
Members of the Mauritius Sports Council and
Mr. Elvis Bonne, Representative of the Mauritius National Olympic Commitee
40 participants from different sports federations were present.
The following issues were presented during the workshop:
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF TREASURERS / ASSISTANT TREASURERS presented by Mr. Dharmarajoo MOONISAMY, ACCA (Accountant)
- PREPARING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS presented by Mr. Dayanand TOOLSEE, FCCA (Auditor)
- IMPROVE ORGANISATIONAL INTEGRITY IN THE WORLD OF SPORTS presented by Mr. Kailash KOONJAL, Chief Officer, Corruption Prevention and Education Division at ICAC
The participants also had opportunities to discuss on:
- How to manage efficiently Finance of Sports Federations.
- To provide participants a forum of exchange and sharing of ideas on common issues related to finance management.