The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth & Sports and the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life and under the sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised a One Day Seminar on Safety at workplace for employees of the Mauritius Sports Council, Officers in Charge of sports infrastructures, coaches and coordinators of After School Sports and Fitness Program on Thursday 27 July 2018 at the National Table Tennis Centre, Beau Bassin in the presence of:
· Mr. Maubarakahmad Boodhun, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Youth & Sports;
· Mrs. Sarah Rawat Currimjee, Chairperson, Mauritius Sports Council, Managing Secretary and Board Members;
· Mr. Nagalingum Pillay Samoo, Ag. Director of Sports, Ministry of Youth & Sports;
· Mr. Muhammad Azhar Mamoojee, Assistant Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Youth & Sports;
· Ms. Magalie Karrupanen, Brand Manager, Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd
· Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Chairperson of the Medical / Paramedical Committee
· Mr. Lindsay Kunthasami, Chairperson of the Health and Safety Committee
The talks comprised of the following topics which were delivered by the different Resource Persons:
1. First Aid by Dr. Vidyavratt Ancharaz, Senior Emergency Physician (SAMU);
2. Power point presentation and a DEMO on the use of Automated External Defibrillator by BOR Group;
3. Waterwise Education by Mr. Prithiviraj Ramharai;
4. Health & Safety by Mr. Mehtasing Gunessee;
5. Talk on Sports Medicine by Dr. Henry Bernard Baptiste.
The objective of the seminar was to provide key information and tools to all the participants so that they could:
· Recognize and prevent injuries;
· Provide initial evaluation and primary care to athletes or individual injured.
These abilities would be of great essence for:
· The coming Indian Ocean Islands Games;
· Sport For All programs;
· Implementing the National Sports Policy and the protocol of the Sports Medical Unit pertaining to injury management on site.
240 participants attended the Seminar.
Please click here to view videos