The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the 7th Edition of the Candia Sports Medicine Programme at the Rose Hill Woman Centre on Wednesday 23 September 2015 in the presence of:
• Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council;
• Ms. Bhavna Jogarah, Family Welfare Protection Officer & Officer on Charge of the Centre;
• Mrs. R. Bucktowar and Mrs. S. Bhunnoo, Family Support Officers
The objectives of the talks are to make the women aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
A First Aid kit, an Ice Box and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to the Centre.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
• Good nutrition, presented by Mrs. Anju Gowreesungkur, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life;
• The importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
95 participants attended the talks and were very enthusiastic to hear the resource persons.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Four participants namely Raziana Soyfoo, Brendan Leclair, Devi Nagamoottoo and Chantal Casse answered correctly the questions and were awarded T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.