The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the 8th Edition of the Candia Sports Medicine Programme at the Lady Sushil Ramgoolam Recreation Centre, Pointe aux Biches on Wednesday 14 October 2015 in the presence of:
• Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council;
• Mr. S. Ghoorahoo, Manager;
· Ms. N. Powdar, Organising Officer;
· Mr. Sanjit Sharma Ramsaha and Mr. Rikesh Mayeputh, Service to Mauritius (STM);
· Mr. Buckhory, Nursing Officer.
The objectives of the talks are to make the citizens aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
A First Aid kit, an Ice Box and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to the Centre.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
• Good nutrition, presented by Mrs. Purgass, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life;
• The importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
85 participants attended the talks and were very enthusiastic to hear the resource persons.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Four participants namely Mr. & Mrs. Gunesh Boobaky and Mr. & Mrs. Seewoochund Runglall answered correctly the questions and were awarded T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.