The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the 5th Edition of the Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Hermitage Community Centre on Wednesday 26 August 2015 in the presence of:
• Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council;
• Ms. J. Luximon, Community Development Officer;
• Mrs. N. Alladin, Community Support Officer;
• Mr. Iswarlall Sewloll, President Senior Citizen
The objectives of the talks are to make the senior citizens aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
A First Aid kit, an Ice Box and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to the Community Centre.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
• Good nutrition, presented by Mrs. Anju Gowreesungkur, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life
• The importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council
67 participants attended the talks and were very enthusiastic to hear the resource persons.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Four participants namely Anju Periacurpen, Luxmee Babooa, Iswarlall Sewlall and Kanaksabee Nilavathi answered correctly the questions and were awarded T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.