The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the 6th Edition of the Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Dr. Regis Chaperon State Secondary School at Belle Rose on Wednesday 16 September 2015 in the presence of:
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council;
- Mr. Azize Moosuddee, Rector;
- Mrs. Kiran Sungkur, Educator;
- Mr. C. Kasamir, Head of P.E Educator;
- Teachers and students
The objectives of the talks are to make the students aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
A First Aid kit, an Ice Box and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to the Institution.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
• Good nutrition, presented by Mrs. Romina Umanee, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life.
• The importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
85 students attended the talks and were very enthusiastic to hear the resource persons.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Four participants namely Fardeen Khodabokus, Maurice Fabiano, Parvesh Toocaram and Fabrice Cayama answered correctly the questions and were awarded T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all students.