The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the 10th Edition of the Candia Sports Medicine Programme at the ‘Commission Nationale du Sport Feminin’ (CNSF), Beau Bassin on Wednesday 25 November 2015 in the presence of:
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council;
- Mrs. Geeantee Toory, President of the ‘Commission Nationale du Sport Feminin’, and Board Member of the Mauritius Sports Council;
- Mrs. Vedwatee Bucktawar, Administrative Secretary of the CNSF;
- Mrs. Janet Zamudio, Clerk of the CNSF
The objectives of the talks are to make the women aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
A First Aid kit, an Ice Box and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to the Federation.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
• Good nutrition, presented by Ms. Divya Poorun, Nutritionist / Dietician;
• The importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
60 participants attended the talks and were very enthusiastic to hear the resource persons.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Eight participants namely Jane Jorekeer, Vila Thamothuram, Christine Bernard, Hazra Jahangeer- Tegally, Ghislaine Bernon, Leela Devi Gangaram, Roubi Meenachee Babooram and Shaziah Couturiere answered correctly the questions and were awarded T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.
View Pictures in Media Library