The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the 3rd Edition of the Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Candos Government School, Candos on Wednesday 24 June 2015 in the presence of:
• The Chairperson of Mauritius Sports Council, Mrs. Sarah Rawat Currimjee and Board Members
• Mrs. Brigitte Perrin, ZEP Cluster Coordinator
• Mr. Vishnudev Aubeeluck, Area Inspector
• Mrs Bindeshwari Ramburuth, Head Master, Candos Government School, staff and students
• The Deputy Headmasters, Mrs. Saroj Ramdoo and Mr. Rashid Peerboccus
The objectives of the talks are to make the young children aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
A First Aid kit, an ice Box, booklets on Sports Medicine and sports equipments were offered to the Head Master.
A sketch was presented by the students of Standard V on Good Nutrition and Sports.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented by Mrs. Anju Gowreesungkur, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life
- The importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council
150 students attended the talks and were very enthusiastic to hear the resource persons.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Four students namely Andy Ithier, Laurianna Christiane, Bradley Marie and Shaina Bibi Mootoosamy answered correctly the questions and were awarded T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all students.
The Mauritius Sports Council expressed its warm thanks and gratitude to Mrs B. Ramburuth, Head Master of the School who gave her full support for implementation of the project.