The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the 4th Edition of the Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Trianon (Football Academy) on Saturday 27 June 2015 in the presence of:
• The Chairperson of Mauritius Sports Council, Mrs. Sarah Rawat Currimjee, Board Members and staff
• Mr Richard Driver, President of Football Academy
• Mr. Patrice D’avrincourt, Football Coach
The objectives of the talks are to make the young children aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
A First Aid kit, an ice Box, booklets on Sports Medicine and sports equipments were offered to the Football Academy.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented by Ms. Anya Benoit, Dietitian
- The importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council
90 participants attended the talks and were very enthusiastic to hear the resource persons.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Four students namely Gabriel Provencal, Adrien Etrange, Amaury Foiret and Nicolas Luchmun answered correctly the questions and were awarded T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants by Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd.
The Mauritius Sports Council expressed its warm thanks and gratitude to Mr Richard Driver who gave his full support for implementation of the project.