The Mauritius Sports Council and the Ministry of Youth and Sports who have at heart the well-being of the public at large, under the sponsorship of the Panagora Marketing Company Limited, have been organising a series of Keep Fit Programs throughout the island.
The programme "Keep Fit with Yoplait" started since the year 2012 at the Harry Latour stadium at Mahebourg and the percentage of participation is more than satisfactory.
The objectives of the Keep Fit Program are as follows:
- Encourage the practice of sports
- Make optimum use of our sports infrastructure by the public
- Encourage close family ties by enabling any sports activities of the choice together
- Develop closer knit between people living in the same region
The Award Ceremony for the presentation of certificates to 32 participants was held on Sunday 06 October 2013 at the Harry Latour stadium at Mahebourg in the presence of:
- Mr. Kris L. Appadoo, Chairman of the Mauritius Sports Council and staff
- Ms. Stephanie Heerah, Representative of the Panagora Marketing Limited
- Mr. Ramcharitoo, Advisor of the Ministry of Education and Human Resources
- Coaches and the press
Activities were as follows:
- Yoga demonstration by Mr. S. Veerasawmy
- Aerobics demonstration by Mrs. Nobin and Mrs. Liliane Tranquille