In view of the forthcoming National Sports Award 2013 scheduled at the InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort on Wednesday 29 January 2014,the signature ceremony between the Mauritius Sports Council and sponsors, who have contributed financially to the event, was held at Hennessy Park Hotel at Ebene on Wednesday 22 January 2014 in the presence of:
- Hon. Satyaprakash Ritoo, Minister of Youth & Sports
- Mr. Kris L. Appadoo,Chairman and members of the Mauritius Sports Council
- and the Press
Sponsors for the National Sports Award 2013 are as follows:
- Mauritius Telecom/Orange, Elvis Quenette- Principal Marketing Officer
- Furnicon, Mr Ryad Neetoo- Director
- Mauvilac, Mr Christopher Hart de Keating- Chief Operating Officer
- Nestle Products (Mtius)Ltd, Mr Allan Brelu- Commercial Manager
- Mauritius Post and Cooperative Bank Ltd, Mr Kervin Magdelaine- Marketing Manager
- ABC Motors, Mr. Nitish Gungabissoon – Sales Manager
- City Sports, Mr Dominique Filleul- Director General
- Mauritius Ports Authority, Mr Vyas Rughoonauth- Manager Administrative Services
- Sims Group of Companies, Mr Swaley Peerkhan- Managing Director
Two sponsors namely Bank of Mauritius and Plyfoam are also sponsoring the event.
The Hon. Minister of Youth & Sports and the Chairman of the Mauritius Sports Council thanked the sponsors for their invaluable contribution in the promotion of sports and in encouraging athletes whose performances in sports have been outstanding.