In view of the forthcoming National Sports Award 2012 scheduled at the InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort on Thursday 31 January 2013, the signature ceremony between the Mauritius Sports Council and sponsors, who have contributed financially to the event, was held at Hennessy Park Hotel at Ebene on Monday 28 January 2013 in the presence of:
- Hon. Satyaprakash Ritoo, Minister of Youth & Sports
- Mr. Kris L. Appadoo,Chairman and members of the Mauritius Sports Council,
- and the Press
Sponsors for the National Sports Award 2012 are as follows:
- Mauritius Telecom/Orange represented by Mrs. Sandra Jean Louis, Executive Marketing & Com
- Nestle Products (Mtius) Ltd represented by Mr. Luigi Peccini, Country Manager
- Mauvilac represented by Mr. Alexandre Roland Maurel, Chief Executive Officer
- Mauritius Post & Cooperative Bank Ltd represented by Mr. Kervin Magdelaine, Manager-Strategic Marketing Division
- Furnicon represented by Mr. Nabeel Neetoo, Director
- Airports of Mauritius Ltd represented by Mr. Girish Appaya, Communication Officer
- Stevenhills Ltd represented by Mr. Wan Kat Siong Wan You Sew,Executive Director
- Mauritius Ports Authority represented by Mr. Rughoonuth, Manager Administrative Services
Three sponsors namely Bank of Mauritius, Sims Group of Companies and Plyfoam are also sponsoring the event.
The Hon. Minister of Youth & Sports and the Chairman of the Mauritius Sports Council thanked the sponsors for their invaluable contribution in the promotion of sports and in encouraging athletes whose performances in sports have been outstanding.